Monday, February 22, 2010

Supper Tart


So I was reading through some cookbooks at work and came across How To Eat Supper I read a recipe in there for a Supper Tart that called for Puff Pastry but I thought I would give my pizza dough a try again.

Pizza Dough
3 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 package yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 cup warm water
3 tsp oil

Place flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the flour and add sugar and yeast. Pour warm water in well. Wait until yeast is foaming. About 5-7 minutes. Add oil. Mix together into dough ball. Cover and let set for 90 minutes! Roll out into jelly roll pan. I put cornmeal under my dough.

Here's the supper tart part
In bowl toss together 1/2 cup seedless grapes, baby arugula, half of an onion, chopped and sauteed, about a teaspoon of lemon zest. Place on pizza dough and bake at 475 F for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile mix in a bowl 1/2 cup shredded asiago and 1/4 cup heavy cream and some cracked peppercorns.
Take tart out of oven and smear with cheese mixture. Bake for another 6 minutes!

Voila! Enjoy!

This dough recipe was so much better than previous post!

1 comment: