Friday, August 19, 2011

Eggplant Experiment



So I bought an eggplant at the local farmers market because they were so beautiful and so plentiful.
Brennan said eggplant parm was one of his faves so I checked out some recipes and made two single servings with just one eggplant.
I love that the Brits call it an aubergine. And I believe Aubergine is the name of one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants.

So simply enough I egged and breaded the eggplant and baked at 425 7 minutes on each side. Then layered the eggplant like this:
Eggplant slice, sauce, Mozzarella cheese, chiffonade of basil, eggplant, sauce, cheese, basil, eggplant, sauce, cheese, sprinkle of bread crumbs. Then I baked this at 375 for about 15 minutes until cheese was bubbly and brown. YUM!

I also made these with zucchini

Just the same procedure as the eggplant. Bread the slices and baked then a dollop of sauce some cheese and some basil. Made for a great snack for Brennan when he walked in the door hungry while I finished up everything else.

Make sure you season everything really well with salt pepper oregano and garlic!
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. First, I would like you to come to New York and make this for me.

    then, I will shamelessly ask you for a favor.

    I need a care package, too!
    Can you go to Quidquid blog and vote for my entry as to why I should have a pair of hot pink converse shoes?

    http://quidquidquidquid.blogspot.com/2011/08/who-shall-rock-kicks.html

    i only want to be as cool as you...

    ReplyDelete